Yale faculty honored by Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering
13 Yale faculty members have been elected to the Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering, the academy announced Feb. 20. The 24 new members from the state will be introduced May 28 at the academy’s annual dinner in Cromwell.
The new members from Yale are:
- Serap Aksoy, professor of epidemiology of microbial diseases, Yale School of Public Health;
- Michelle L. Bell, the Mary E. Pinchot Professor of Environmental Health, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies;
- David Bercovici, the Frederick William Beinecke Professor of Geophysics & chair of the Department of Geology & Geophysics;
- Gary W. Brudvig, the Benjamin Silliman Professor of Chemistry and director of the Yale Energy Sciences Institute;
- Jaime Grutzendler, the Dr. Harry M. Zimmerman and Dr. Nicholas and Viola Spinelli, Professor of Neurology and Neuroscience, Yale School of Medicine;
- Vivian F. Irish, the Eaton Professor of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology;
- William K. Lauenroth, professor in practice, Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies;
- Shuangge Ma, professor of biostatistics, Yale School of Public Health;
- Harvey A. Risch, professor of epidemiology, Yale School of Public Health
- David G. Schatz, the Waldemar Von Zedtwitz Professor of Immunobiology, professor of molecular biophysics & biochemistry, and chair of the Department of Immunobiology, Yale School of Medicine;
- Eugene D. Shapiro, professor of pediatrics and of epidemiology, Yale School of Medicine;
- Jeffrey P. Townsend, the Elihu Professor of Biostatistics; and
- Günter P. Wagner, the Alison Richard Professor of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology.