Beta but better: New offerings on the YDB website
To Our Readers: Even as we work toward creating a fully revamped Yale Daily Bulletin website, we have introduced some new features in our current incarnation — what we’re now calling YDB 1.5.
These changes are designed to make the website more useful and informative for our readers, and allow them to provide feedback on individual articles.
The new offerings include:
• A “Your Feedback” tool on all story pages that allows you to send your comments about particular stories or about the YDB in general. (We hope all of you will take advantage of this feature; your suggestions will help as we create our new website.)
• An “Enlarge Image” feature on all stories that include photos.
• Icons that indicate which stories are accompanied by netcasts, slideshows or videos, and that link directly to them.
• An “Explore” section showcasing select Yale websites.
• A “Play” button for our multimedia offering on the front page.
• A new “Featured Multimedia” hub page that contains recent netcasts, slideshows or videos.
• And for members of news organizations seeking information, a “For the Media” link.
We hope you enjoy these enhancements. And remember: We welcome your suggestions on other ways to improve the YDB.