Yale's 307th Commencement
Graduation ceremonies were held over the weekend on the New Haven campus. Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair spoke at the Yale College Class Day on May 25. The weekend included a variety of activities, including social events, performances and traditional ceremonies.
At Yale University’s 307th Commencement, eight honorary doctorates and 3,117 earned degrees were conferred, in addition to 235 that were awarded provisionally to students of the Yale Law School and 30 to students in the Physician Assistant program, which will be conferred in December. All figures are subject to change and were accurate as of May 23. See Yale Degrees Awarded for the full text of awards.
- President’s Baccalaureate Address: Life on a Small Planet (text)
- Tony Blair Addresses Yale College Class of 2008 (text)
- Tony Blair Addresses Yale College Class of 2008 (audio iTunes)
- Brodhead, Ford and Kiphuth Award Winners Announced
- Yale College 2008 Class Day Student Prizes
- Yale 2008 Honorary Degrees
- 2008 High Stand, Athletics, Arts and Council of Masters Prizes
- Yale Degrees Awarded May 26, 2008
- 2008 Yale College Teaching Prizes